The Ayada Resort in the Maldives is the latest resort that we have discovered in the Maldives, located in Huvadhu Atoll (Gaafu Dhaalu) in the far southern Maldives, two-hundred and sixty eight miles south of Male.
This remote location offers a vast wadeable flats areas that are virtually unexplored and covers a variety of habitats including turtlegrass beds, hard white wadable sand, coral outcrops and reef edge.
Fly Odyssey provides detailed information for guests visiting the Maldives for fly-fishing at this resort, including areas to fish and tackle requirements.
- Season: all year round, due to its proximity to the equator
- Self-guided fly-fishing for variety of species, including Blufin and Giant Trevally, Indo-Pacific Permit and Triggerfish
- Popper and Bluewater fishing available
- Excellent accommodation and kids' club
- Ideal for couples, families and honeymoons
Ayada was opened in 2013 and has been built to a very high standard. The rooms and facilities are first-class with a range of villa options providing privacy for couples and space for families. The resort has a selection of a-la-carte and buffet restaurants, one of the finest Health Spas in the Maldives and an over-water wine and cigar bar that makes a great location to watch the setting sun. With a dive centre, water sports, kids' club and fishing opportunities, this resort makes a great destination for those seeking a more remote Maldivian experience.
Fly Odyssey provides detailed information for guests visiting the Maldives for fly-fishing at this resort including areas to fish and tackle requirements.
- Facilities include a PADI Licensed Dive Centre run by a multilingual team of professionals
- A world-class Health Spa offering a range of treatments for both men and women including a Steam room, Sauna and Hydro baths.
- A water sports centre that includes a variety of motorised and non motorised activities to choose, from waterskiing to wake boarding and more.
- Diving, Snorkelling and Marine biology experiences
Ayada offers some excellent and unique fly-fishing opportunities This remote location offers vast wadeable flats areas that are virtually unexplored. This location is ideal for the angler who enjoys the challenges of fishing new unexplored areas and is capable of finding fish by themselves.
The flats area is a stunning seascape known as 'Five Islands'. This extensive area covers a variety of habitats including turtlegrass beds, hard white wadeable sand, coral outcrops and reef edge.
From our experience on the flats around Ayada, there is an excellent buefin trevally fishery. Infact, Bluefin in the double figure size range are often encountered on the flats and reef edges. While the Bonefish numbers are less than in other areas of the Maldives, encounters with Indo-Pacific Permit and Triggerfish are regular occurrences. Giant Trevally are also present and encountered on the flats.
- Self guided fly fishing off the flats within short boat ride of your accommodation.
- We provide detailed maps and advice on when and where to fish.
- Great Popper and spin fishing for Bonefish, Giant, Blue and other Trevally species, Trigger fish over the Coral.
- These islands and atolls, many of which are uninhabited, also offer a great variety of habitat for numerous Trevally species, Indo-Pacific Permit, Triggerfish and Parrotfish.
- Deep bluewater fishing also available for Tuna, Wahoo, Sailfish.
The rates for this destination vary throughout the season. We offer the best available rates for this destination and do not charge for our service. By calling we are able to tailor a package to specifically suit your requirements at the best available rate. As we have offices in both the United Kingdom and Australia we can also ensure you are being quoted in your local currency. Please enquire for the latest rates and availability, including information on any applicable special offers and group discounts.
CONTACT OUR INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
CONTACT OUR AUSTRALIAN OFFICE
Meet and Greet upon arrival at Male and transfer to Internal Maldives flight terminal.
You will need to arrive before 4:00pm to ensure you can transfer to the resort on the same day.
The transfer takes two hours by plane to Kaadhedhoo airport and a fast boat to the island, where you will be greeted by key resort staff with a champagne reception.