Fly fishing in Bosnia is one of the new frontiers in Europe. For many years after the 1990's Balkans war this country was plagued with cleaning up the mess of battle, but since 2005 the country has been rebuilt and is now open to some of the most exciting fly fishing opportunities for Trout and Grayling in Europe. Famous for its spring-fed chalk streams and boisterous limestone mountain rivers, the diversity of water is rich and the fishing richer.
The scenery is breath-taking, the rivers untouched and all have prolific fly life, with natural wild Brown Trout and a large population of Grayling. Bosnia is fast becoming one of the destinations for fly-fishermen all over the world. It is a little like New Zealand but in Europe.
- Passport with minimum six months validity and photo ID to purchase fishing licenCe
- Note for Australian, Canadian and American passport holders and all other non-EU Citizens :
A travel Visa is required.
- Bosnia is easily accessed from Europe, the Middle East and Asia with direct flights from many countries.
- Currency: Convertable mark (BAM) Pegged to the Euro
- Capital: Sarajevo
- Airport: Sarajevo or alternatively Pleso (Zagreb Croatia)
- Population: 4 million
- Language: Bosnian (Southern Slavonik Language)
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Electricity: 220v two-pin
- Time: 1 hour ahead of GMT and 10 hours behind Australia