Australia is a beautiful, stunning and remarkable fly fishing destination. It is a country completely surrounded by the Indian and Pacific oceans, with cooler temperate waters in the south and warm tropical waters in the north. It provides unique fly fishing opportunities and species diversity found nowhere else in the world, with the coastline dotted with rainforests, national parks, marine sanctuaries, beautiful beaches, deserts, tropical islands and pristine ecosystems.
With the two thousand and three hundred kilometres of the Great Barrier Reef system in the east and the Ningaloo World Heritage coastline and in the west, there are numerous tropical and sub-tropical destinations which provide superb sighted fly fishing to a huge range of saltwater species. These include Permit, Bonefish, Giant and Golden Trevally, Barramundi, Marlin, Sailfish, Mackerel, Milkfish, Tuna, Kingfish, Snapper and Salmon, while the list of reef species you can capture on fly is almost endless. In the south, from Sydney Harbour to Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth there are top bay and estuary options also available with local guides.
With great cities to explore as well as remote lodges, resorts and live-aboard fly fishing options, Fly Odyssey can assist you with providing comprehensive advice and itineraries for individuals, groups or family holidays throughout Australia. It is a great destination for combining fly fishing with a range of other activities including diving and snorkelling, swimming with whales, outback adventures and experiencing amazing wildlife interactions.
- Passport with minimum six months validity.
- Free eVisitor Visas are available for short term holidays to British citizens and members of the EU.
- There are no Departure Taxes.
- Australia is easily accessed from Europe, the United States, the Middle East and Asia with direct daily flights from many countries into Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
- Domestic flights are available very frequently between all the main cities.
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Capital: Canberra, ACT
- Airports: Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne international airports
- Population: 25 million
- Language: English
- Religion: Christian
- Electricity: : 240V Australian 3-pin
- Time: GMT + 10 hours
- Average temperatures: 15 to 30 ℃