The Maldives are set in the heart of the Indian ocean and are one of the world's best kept secrets for both the saltwater fly-fisherman as well as spin and popper fishing. All of our favourite saltwater fly-fishing species including Bonefish, Giant Trevally, Sailfish and Tuna are present in the pristine Maldivian waters.
The Maldives Nation consists of a chain of 26 Atolls (approximately 1200 islands) stretching from north to south in the Indian Ocean cutting across the equator. Many of these atolls offer world class hotels making it the perfect get away for families and non-fishing partners. The Maldives are family friendly and service oriented for all guests that visit their beautiful islands, making this the ideal holiday destination for all.
- Ideal for couples, families and honeymoons
- Offers an all inclusive resort experience
- Self-guided fly-fishing
- Popper and Bluewater fishing available
- Being located close to the equator the Fishing season is year round
The latest location for fly-fishing in the Maldives is Atmosphere Kanifushi, a new concept resort opened in December 2013. Located on Lhaviyani atoll about 40 mins north by seaplane from Male, the capital. This all inclusive resort is unique in the Maldives. The premium-plus package allows an all inclusive style approach yet with the usual high Maldivian standards. Sumptuous buffet and a-la-carte dining, selection of premium wines from throughout the world and a variety of activities included in your package price means this resort offers the best value we have found in the Maldives.
This resort is ideally suited to couples and families. For couples there is the privacy of the Sunset Pool villas with great access to the Sunset Bar and Restaurant. For families there is a great kids' club, big wide open beaches and large swimming pools. The family villas are large and spacious and provide plenty of privacy. Located 40 minutes from Male via seaplane this is an ideal and easy location to access which will provide a great Maldivian holiday.
- Facilities include a PADI Licensed Dive Centre run by a multilingual team of professionals
- A Health Spa offering a range of treatments Sauna, Steam room, Jacuzzi, hair and beauty salon
- Two Horizon pools one of which is fifty metres
- A water sports centre that includes a variety of motorised and non motorised activities to choose from jet skis to Pedalos and Hobie cats.
- Kids club for the very young with trained staff providing care and babysitters
- Diving, snorkelling and Marine Biology experiences
- Whale shark viewing in season
Surrounded by shallow sand flats and reef edges that drop away into the vast ocean depths. Our experiences of the fly-fishing around Kanifushi have been very exciting. The shallow sand flats are home to Giant, Bluefin, Gold Spot and Stripped Trevally and these are regularly encountered. Bonefish are also found feeding over the Turtlegrass and on the shallow sand island drop-offs on the right tides. For the spin and popper fishermen there is direct access to reef systems which hold large Giant and Bluefin Trevally. There is also the opportunity to target Sailfish in season and the Tuna shoals can be frequently seen busting up in the open ocean. All the fishing areas are within easy reach of Atmosphere Kanifushi meaning that you can fish as little or as much as you like.
- Season: all year round
- Self guided fly-fishing off the flats within walking distance of your accommodation
- All fly-fishing is catch and release
- We provide detailed maps and advice on when and where to fish
- Great Popper and spin fishing for Bonefish, Giant, Blue and other Trevally species, Trigger fish over the Coral
- These islands and atolls many of which are uninhabited also offer a great variety of habitat for numerous Trevally species, Indio pacific Permit, Trigger fish and Parrot fish
- Deep Bluewater fishing available for Tuna, Wahoo, Sailfish
The rates for this destination vary throughout the season. We offer the best available rates for this destination and do not charge for our service. By calling we are able to tailor a package to specifically suit your requirements at the best available rate. As we have offices in both the United Kingdom and Australia we can also ensure you are being quoted in your local currency. Please enquire for the latest rates and availability, including information on any applicable special offers and group discounts.
CONTACT OUR INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
CONTACT OUR AUSTRALIAN OFFICE
Upon your arrival at Male airport, you will be met by staff and transferred to the seaplane terminal for a short 30-40 minute flight to Kanifushi.
You should aim to arrive before 4:00pm to ensure you can transfer to the resort on the same day.
At Kanifushi, you will be greeted by key resort staff a given a champagne reception.