Belize is the location that must be considered as your next saltwater fly-fishing destination if Permit are high on your list of priorities. Over the last couple of decades the Permit fishery in Belize has developed to the point where there are several fly-fishing lodges targeting Permit specifically with fine-tuned techniques to give visiting anglers the best chance of landing these elusive fish.
There is also a host of the usual flats species swimming around Belize's pristine waters to keep you casting between Permit encounters. You will have the chance to tackle Tarpon, Bonefish, Snapper, King Mackerel, Barracuda and Grouper. These un-pressured and remote waters ensure that you will have the flats and the fish to yourselves.
Fly Odyssey is pleased to be working with the best lodges in Belize as well as with private residences in Hopkins, each offering a different experience and providing our clients with the right choice to suit their fishing and accommodation wants and needs.
- Passport with at least six months validity.
- Belize city is easily accessible through many US airports. From Europe an overnight in the US is required on the outbound journey.
- Currency: Belize Dollar and US Dollar
- Capital: Belmopan
- Airport: Belize City
- Population: 341,000
- Language: English
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Electricity: 110v two-pin
- Time: 6 Hours behind GMT
- Average temperature: mid to high temperatures, 25-35℃. Fairly consistent due to its proximity to the equator