The Baja Peninsula is known to fly anglers as the 'Roosterfish Capital' of the world. It is this majestic fish that draws fly-fishermen in from around the world. However these nutrient rich waters are home to a huge variety of pelagic fish including Sailfish, Striped Marlin, Dorado, Yellowfin Tuna, Dorado, Jacks, and Yellowtail Kingfish: it is a fly-fishing heaven.
Depending on location, a short morning run will find you in the middle of some of the best bluewater fly-fishing available. A short morning run reaches tackle-busting tuna, Bull Dorado, and voracious Wahoo, Pacific Sailfish, as well as Striped, Blue, and Black Marlin.
We work with a range of properties in the region depending on the requirements of our clients. From the bigger port of Loreto to Punta Colarado we can customise a package that will have you chasing Roosterfish along the beach or Marlin off-shore.
- Large variety of species available including roosterfish, tuna, jacks, mahi mahi, yellowtail kingfish, striped marlin, sailfish and many more.
- Both fly-fishing, popper, spin and trolling available.
- Famous for fly-fishing for Roosterfish from beach or boat.
- Bluewater fly-fishing opportunities.
- Suited to both anglers and non-anglers or family holidays.
- Average temperatures: mid 20s to high 30s, fairly consistent due to its Caribbean location
Casa Laguna is a beach-front private retreat on the East Cape’s finest beaches. This property can handle groups of up to 8 people and is suited to families and groups of friends. The rooftop patio is a great place to unwind after a day on the water. Casa Laguna is flexible as you can self-cater.
- Season: April - September
- Option of fishing the beach guided or from Panga
- Well serviced and maintained boats
- Knowledgeable and experienced guides
The operation out of Casa Laguna offers both guided panga fishing for a range of species including tuna, mani mahi, roosterfish, jacks as well as billfish. The guide team also specialises in beach fishing for roosterfish so if your goal is to land one from the beach then this is the place to do it. Each day you will have a choice of fishing from a super panga or fishing the beach on a side by side ATV.
The rates for this destination vary throughout the season. We offer the best available rates for this destination and do not charge for our service. By calling we are able to tailor a package to specifically suit your requirements at the best available rate. As we have offices in both the United Kingdom and Australia we can also ensure you are being quoted in your local currency. Please enquire for the latest rates and availability, including information on any applicable special offers and group discounts.
CONTACT OUR INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
CONTACT OUR AUSTRALIAN OFFICE
Fly to San Jose Del Cabo Airport, (easily accessible from numerous US cities) where you will be met by a lodge representative and transferred to the lodge by road.